ranchero's worth nothing????

Discussion in 'Rancheros for Sale LINKS' started by quesey, Jan 21, 2012.

1. quesey

quesey In Second Gear

2. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

I have seen that one up on ebay multiple times, I don't know what his reserve is on it, but it has never been met. That is one slick ranchero ride right there though.

3. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

The body work and exterior paint is top notch.
    The rest, meh.
    He should take the 10K and run. I am sure the the parts you can't see are as bad or worse than the under carriage.
    Heck, the guy couldn't even invest in 2 cent tie wraps to pull the loose wires up under the dash.

4. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

How can they call this a frame off when the frame and undercarrage are not evn detailed? If someone is will to part with 10K for this.....I don't think so. Not worth 10K maybe 6k (JMO).

5. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Bring that one down to TN. and subject it to about a month of our humidity.
    Hate to see what popped out of the seams in a month. No, no, and more NO ! I'd hate to see what they might call rough.

6. E's67ranchero

E's67ranchero In Second Gear

No way that is a frame off resto i dont care what it say's. It is nice' but like some of the others said take the money and run. ;)

7. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

The pictures are at least 1 1/2 years old same pictures in Apr. 2010 Hemmings At that time it was 30 grand.... sorry you do not have paint over the rubber bumpers or wires hanging down from the dash on a 30,000 dollar car.

8. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

9. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Depends on how the "filler" was applied and the only vintage 30k cars here would be at Petey's place ......

10. quesey

quesey In Second Gear

don't think it will bring 30 for sure.it's a nice car though.look's like he's got the seat or something bolted into the floor.but i'd say it should go for in the 10 to 15 range.

11. quesey

quesey In Second Gear

hell my mustang has bondo in it and it appraised @35000
    but it's a mustang

12. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Carl brought up something = Bondo is not something you allow in a car that is worth much. Sure, it is used sparingly to fill imperfections on high buck rides but you don't pay big money for a car having the big panels literally made of Bondo. Doing so would be plain ignorant. I carry a magnet with me when looking at anything that has been re-painted. If I find any mud anywhere but in the original factory locations I use that fact as a bargaining tool to knock down the price I'd give for the car. I suspect the seller of that blue Ranchero has watched one too many episodes of the Barrett/Jackson auction and now thinks that because you don't often see Rancheros they must be a goldmine. Maybe he can get what he's asking if he holds on to it for another thirty years and the bottom of that Ranchero hasn't rusted completely away.
    We're not even discussing what I think about lying about the frame-off restoration. I'd just get mad then get banned for foul language.
    You see vehicles like this more often than I like. Seems like medeocre southern cars are bought cheaply at places like the Charlotte Auto Fair then hauled to northern states to sell at a premium with no reliable history. I know of maybe two places who take the effort to research their vehicles then actually do what's needed to restore them correctly. It's a rough world out there, buyer beware !

13. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

It could be a 72 Ranchero with a 429, no Bondo and detailed to a 100 point car and STILL not sell for 35 grand.

If it was a 70 Ranchero with a shaker hood and a 429 restored to the way it came from the factory it might get 30,000 and possible up. Needs to be Barretts quality type.

14. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

These prices really can't be believed though. 80+% of the time in these 'No Reserve' type bids, the owner buys the car and pays the commision if it doesn't look like they'll get what they wanted.

$66K

$48.8K

$27K

15. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

I stand corrected. 66K and it looks worth every dollars in the pictures. Heat that 429 up and that's a BAD BOY!