Recent Impressions

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by mo.herbfarm, Jun 13, 2015.

1. mo.herbfarm

mo.herbfarm In Maximum Overdrive

Guys, we have folks here who do not need to see the brand of sparring recently exhibited, i.e., "fags, and the like", etc. One very implicit contributor here is 17. If I were him, I would navigate elsewhere. Not because I wasn't "worldly", but rather because I was seeing grown men (?) acting out ridiculous stances.

I for one, see no real need to promote a circus-like atmosphere in a car forum. I made a crass remark awhile back, regarding a member "crawling back into the woodwork". A mistake, sure. But was it a mistake to apologize to the individual? I did. No change in stance resulted.

Perhaps I miss the gist of overall inherency here: maybe it's a gay forum, in disguise, after all? If not, why all this ridiculous double-meaning innuendo, endlessly? To provide comedy? It ain't funny. If the majority disagrees with me, I'm gone.

I like the place. I dislike recent tones of double-speak, over and over. mo.

2. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

You're one to talk with all the profanity in your posts. How about cleaning up all your "bulls$%^" that you've interleaved in your posts as well as the F-Bomb you directed at the site owner...

3. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Here's an impression that is old school.

ForistellFord likes this.
  4. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

There's nothing 'recent' about the nature of this place. This sort of banter has been around here for years, and is why the Lounge and Wacky World sections exist. Threads created elsewhere are immune to the pervasive idiocy of the lighter side of the site. And when I say pervasive idiocy, I don't mean all of it is negative. It's non-automotive, it's sometimes crude, it's often not 'politically correct', and (as far as Sean and I go) it's funny.

Anyone here is free to participate here in any capacity they wish. Only when the line is crossed too severely do the site leaders intervene. They have a very lenient policy and as long as that 'stuff' stays in the appropriate sections and is not of a personal nature, it's largely tolerated.

You've been in the middle of most of it since you got here, so trying to say Uncle now is a little disingenuous. I'm going to assume that your post was driven by lack of sleep, excessive alcohol, excessive boredom, or a combination of the above. Plus, this section is for forum feedback and technical issues, such as problems or user software experience suggestions. Post-whining should be done in the Lounge or Wacky World.

azcolin likes this.
  5. TestDummy

I wonder why, all of a sudden, Mo decided he didn't' like the site? Most of the time I don't like it either, but I ain't bitch'n. If I got to the point where I'd post a manifesto of sorts, I wouldn't; I'd just drop the mic and leave. Speaking of manifesto's, this place has seen a few gems, eh?

6. RandyMac

RandyMac In Third Gear

Took a ride through the trees, it was good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

plumcolr and TestDummy like this.
  7. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Really this comming from you? thanks Dan I would have answered a lot different

ForistellFord, azcolin and TestDummy like this.
  8. 72GTVA

That looks like a pretty nice area to ride! If they dropped those pesky trees could they straighten out the road a bit??? (jk!!!)

9. mo.herbfarm

You're right. Agreed and understood. At least you reacted constructively. I expected worse. mo.

10. mo.herbfarm

FF: Astute conclusions. mo.

11. TestDummy

Like the roads around here. There always seems to be a better path the roads can take, but they are currently following paths and trails blazed hundreds of years ago, before anyone thought about following them at 50 mph, with the air on. Makes for fun driving though, because you have to be on point, nonstop. I sneezed twice, and went off the road a few years back. Did a nice recovery, if I say so myself.
    My conclusions, while not concluding, were very astute as well.

12. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Nice place to ride. Love those trees.

13. RandyMac

RandyMac In Third Gear

I did what I could.
    [​IMG]
    I ride an 80 mile loop nearly every day, 101 south toward Orick and through Prairie Creek Redwood Park (old 101) and back via the 4 lane "Bypass", every other trip I do the reverse and run the bypass first.

TestDummy likes this.
  14. 72GTVA

That has got to be a pleasant ride!

15. RandyMac

RandyMac In Third Gear

I really enjoy my rides, it is the nature of motorcycles that you need to focus on what you are doing, I'm able to leave the PTSD behind.
    The little Sportster is well suited for the roads here, the engine has a broad powerband and contrary to what most think about V-Twins, it likes to be revved. I have bounced off the rev limiter in 3rd a few times, a few light mods are in store, for about $600 I can get another 15 horses and add a 1000 rpm.

The bypass is fairly steep at 6% and curvy, makes a good road course.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/41°24'08.4"N 123°59'36.4"W/@41.4129778,-123.9397,12z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0!5m1!1e4

TestDummy likes this.
  16. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Oh, we've had some dang sizzlers! HarryRanchero, Sarah, CJ, oh, the memories. Now take trikar for instance. He was a great guy but 'someone' ran him off. What did he do? Dropped the mic and walked away. Same for Tony, Lonny, Cevin, Tim, and a few others. Classy.

Well yeah, of course. Smart, I am.

17. azcolin

azcolin In Maximum Overdrive

Lets not forget the guy who spray painted his carpets, Dan Larson ??

18. TestDummy

I forgot him. Sorry.
    The manly way to leave here is with a short, 'Ya' all suck', I am outta here!' (which is how I quit my last job), or by being banned. I've done both, but have been asked to return. Manifestos are for egotistical babies.