Sport Mirrors For Sale

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts For Sale' started by Jeff B., Oct 23, 2020.

1. Jeff B.

Jeff B. In Third Gear GOLD MEMBER

I have a nice pair of 1972-76 outside sport mirrors taking up room. They are in excellent condition and if your color is Nissan D-10 green, then there’s no need to paint as these are excellent! Otherwise, a repaint is all they need besides hardware for glass-to-mirror and mirror-base-to-car-body. As shown.

Both remote mechanisms work and cables are good. Glass is very good. Control door bezels are there but don’t match.

I couldn’t find anything comparable online, new or used, to establish a price. I will let them go for what I have in them, $150, plus shipping from Anacortes, WA. PM me if interested.

2A1EC927-1C3F-4D16-824F-05553DFD575E.jpeg 39AD4577-D57C-47C7-9E03-40A18AF54AC4.jpeg

2. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

They are for 77-79 not 72-76. 150 is a fair Price it they were complete. it looks like you are missing the 2 brackets that go inside the mirror head to hole the mirror to the base. You would be better off assembling them. Also include casting numbers on bottom of the bases.

3. Jeff B.

Thanks for the correction on the model years. The casting number is difficult to read and they fit the lines of my 1974. I’d swap my chrome mirrors except I found paint damage under the base of the current mirror that wouldn’t be covered with these.

The picture of the casting number also shows the worst condition area of both mirrors by far. There’s a small amount of old aluminum corrosion on the bottom edge of one base. You can’t see it from the top as shown in the second picture.

The mirrors didn’t come with brackets to attach the heads to the bases. There are holes that line up so simple nuts and bolts from any hardware store will join them. The same for the other minor hardware connectors (mirror to housing and base to car). I’m leaving them disassembled so the are ready to paint.

I appreciate your comments!

EBE28DA4-6A11-4593-BAA6-75412F27AD68.jpeg 7FBB26F9-A193-4671-80E1-90F2AD797015.jpeg

4. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Attached Files:

5. Jeff B.

That makes sense, and thanks again for the info. If I had those they are long gone. I’ll keep the parts source handy and in the meantime consider any reasonable offers given due consideration to everything.

6. 1977 Ranchero GT

1977 Ranchero GT In First Gear

Are these available?

7. Jeff B.

I still have them in the condition described and discussed above. Open to offers.