You Understand Starter Solenoids?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Questions' started by mo.herbfarm, Oct 10, 2014.

1. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

The tail hook cable has killed many more sailors than the reactors have.

2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

No, the time spent was from removing him from the ceiling. Imagine my surprise when I show Dad the book I read it in and he reveals that he knew the guy.

3. MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

All a diploma does is show that you've completed the required coursework, it does not comply competence. A diploma is an indicator of potential competence. Competence is proven, not given and definitely not assumed. Professional certifications are a guarantor of competence far more so than a diploma. All of course, IMO.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    mo.herbfarm likes this.
  4. mo.herbfarm

mo.herbfarm In Maximum Overdrive

The Degree in Engineering Diploma is almost always carried on a certification as "Professional Engineer", this being granted after testing by the state of residency. Engineers are often employed in courtroom cases to provide "expert" testimony. (Ha!) mo.

5. MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

To be considered as a professional engineer, one must have a certification and with it a license.

6. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

If someone has earned a degree in engineering, they are, officially, an engineer. In the automotive world, anywho.

7. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Yeah, on paper maybe. Look at the new cars and trucks closely then tell me with a straight face that all those folks are competent. A percentage of them yes, the ones who clean up the mess the others create. R & D is a backbiting ugly expensive circus even with the aid of computers.

8. TestDummy

That was what my first post said about some engineers. Even though they were idiots, they were still 'engineers'.

9. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

I figured that's what you meant. After all, you get to see it first hand where other folks might never get a glimpse of the goofy stuff.

10. TestDummy

About 15 years ago, I had to explain to an engineer fresh off the boat from India how an internal combustion engine worked. I sort of lost some faith in Ford at that time.