Rims fit help

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Eddie, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Eddie

Eddie In First Gear

Would these fit my 79 ford ranchero? Thx in advance.

Attached Files:

2. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

Should fit fine. Before I went to 20's I had 17x8's with 0 offset, so +1mm isn't a big difference. FWIW, I used 255-50-17's all the way around. BTW, welcome to the forum.

Eddie likes this.
  3. Eddie

Eddie In First Gear

Awesome thank you! I have some 15 weld wheels trying to go to a more standard wheel size. :) a guy is selling foose legends still in the box. 17x7 and 17x8s thanks and thanks.

4. aquartlow

FWIW, I like the look of bigger wheels and much like 14" tires, 15" tire size options are slimming down since it has been a while when the last 15" rim was on a new car. I can say I will NEVER own another polished aluminum wheel, chrome for me for now on, MUCH easier to take care of and clean(just sayin'). Good luck with your choices.

Eddie likes this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie In First Gear

How about something like this as far as fit? I don't know the offset I am going to test mount them.

Attached Files:

6. aquartlow

I run chrome Boyd Coddingtons 20" x 8.5" all the way around with 6mm+ offset using 245/40/20 tires, fit fine even with lowering the front 5"+/back 5.5+" and no rubbing(very close though). Here is what I run:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to mention that I modified my brake system by using 2000 Ford Crown Vic rotors and calipers front and rear(I took a stock front Ranchero rotor and cut the rotor off to utilize just the hub to mount the CV rotors) I built my own front caliper brackets. The reason I mention this is that since the rotor fits onto the Ranchero's hub, the wheel is spaced about 5/16-3/8" further outside toward the fender(the thickness of the rotor mounting surface). If using stock Ranchero rotor a wheel offset of +13mm would probably fit without issue.

Here are the polished 17's I had:
    [​IMG]

Hope this info is helpful.

rancheromac likes this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie In First Gear

So I think I am ready to pull the trigger, would like some assistance to see if these would fit as well. Thx.

Attached Files: