Local Mechanic Needed

Discussion in 'General Automotive Questions' started by bethel03, Feb 19, 2024.

1. bethel03

bethel03 In First Gear

Good afternoon, everyone.

My wife and I are in need of a mechanic in the North OC area of Southern California (Fullerton is our location). We have a 64 Ranchero that I would love to have the brakes re-done (I have already purchased the parts for the front) but am also wanting to have the frontend rebuilt - along with anything else that can be found to make it road worthy once more.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. 1978GT

1978GT In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Just a bit of advice on a general note: You should not purchase parts unless you are going to install them yourself. Someone who does the installation will want to procure them directly so they can be confident in the applicability and reliability of those parts.

Good luck with your project!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    Buds 67 likes this.
  3. bethel03

bethel03 In First Gear

Thanks for the insight, though the parts purchased were discovered on these forums and are to convert it from drum to disc brakes in the front with OE parts and a dual-reservoir master cylinder. I would hope any mechanic worth their salt would be perfectly fine with these parts.

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

They will be, as long as everything is correct. Having said that, a few points from a master mech (that's me):

--bear in mind, if a part fails, the mechanic is not responsible for the failure, unless they installed it incorrectly, or modified it to fit, and the mod caused the fail;
    --otherwise, the mechanic will only be liable for the install itself;
    --anytime fasteners or hardware are needed to make the install complete, let the mech do the purchasing, to ensure the right hardware is bought...no mixups in communications;
    --and last, agree on an install price, with a 10% cushion either way in that pricing, and hardware or parts bought otherwise are part of the 10% overage. Anything outside of the 10 percent has to be agreed upon before further work is done.