Ranchero Death Row

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by trikar, Mar 14, 2009.

1. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Just had an overwhelming urge to be a jerk?

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That is a damn shame.

3. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

Yes it is.

4. trikar

Let the facts speak for themselves. As the users of this site suggest by a two to one margin............
    http://www.ranchero.us/forums/showthread.php?t=20901:
    :p :D

5. TestDummy

Well, the thing I noticed about that poll was most of the 14 'Pro' voters left a post stating how they felt, whereas only a couple of the 'Con' voters had the nads enough to say what they felt publicly (and I applaud each of you for doing so). Something like 25 of the 29 voters who don't like us hid behind their votes. Kind of like the previous two elections,... :eek:

6. CJ Guy

CJ Guy In Maximum Overdrive

Darn, I didn't even have a chance to vote on that one, cuz they got me banned, I have no idea why I was un-banned, but who knows...CJ

7. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

Darn, I didn't even have a chance to vote on that one, cuz they got me banned, I have no idea why I was un-banned, but who knows...CJ

++++++++++

Welcome back, CJ, I missed you.

8. trikar

Welcome back CJ Guy!

9. TestDummy

C'mon Dude, both of us petitioned the mods to un-ban you many times,...well a couple of times,...OK, maybe once, or not at all. The point is that you are here and you didn't get to vote. We should all look back on this moment and feel a joy inside, not a burning nausea that borders on vomiting an undercooked aardvark. And as the song goes....

Who got you banned?
    You got you banned!
    Uh-huh
    Say it again, y'all

10. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

CJ!!!!! How ya doin man? Good to see ya back. :D

11. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

OK, Back on topic. I don't dig through the junk yards as much as I would like too and I knew the old cars were getting scarce. But I was shocked about a year ago when I went looking for a 460 block to stick in the corner and slowly build. I went from junk yard to junk yard and they kept telling me "Nope, were getting rid of that stuff to make room for newer cars." One of them said "I just had five of them sitting here a week ago, I hauled em off, three of em ran too." He said he didn't have room for them anymore. WHAT!!! How much room does five engines take up in ten acres?

12. *RD*

*RD* In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome back cj, how have things been going. Great to have you back to the site. Also as in the original topic, it is pretty sad how these cars are just scraped like they are nothing. Like others have said, eventually there is going to be no more around, and parts are going to get harder to find. That is why when I needed a headlight bucket, I ended up getting a nos one and a one from a junk yard out south. I also got to see pics of the torino that the bucket was on, and it did make me a little sad.
    Dave

13. pdw72

pdw72 In Maximum Overdrive

No pics of the '74 I scrapped a couple years ago, there wasn't much salvageable on it but it was A/C delete. It was the rustiest thing I had seen, even the frame was broken in a few areas.

14. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

It may be sad to some but thats recycling Crush them and take em to the mill to be remade into something else usually in China. But come on what else are they going to do.Self Service auto recycling yards are not in business to store cars. They are in the Scrap metal bussiness to make money. The parts the sell are just icing on the cake!

15. TestDummy

I thought this thread was about the return of CJ, not cars in junkyards.

16. trikar

17. TestDummy

No rules, just the same old seat!!!
    [​IMG]

18. 72GTVA

Which is the other car brand? The one to the left of the '73 Ranchero or the next one over? What are you really complaining about here?

19. TestDummy

Me? No complaints. I posted pictures of my Ranchero trash a while back. I was thinking others would follow suit, but nope; it’s just a cavalcade of rusty car old car pictures. In other words, the ‘same old seat’, get it? It was a joke and a dang good one too.

20. 72GTVA

Thanks - my question was for FF, I just added the "offending" picture so I can learn what is the cause of his issue.