Guns in Kroger

Discussion in 'This Whacky World' started by Denny, Sep 8, 2014.

1. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Thinking about it, if people, like FF, that are concerned about the overrepresentation of blacks in crime stories, why don't they step up to the plate and commit enough crime to balance things out?

2. mo.herbfarm

mo.herbfarm In Maximum Overdrive

\

Do not "read into" my intent, please! I know it's difficult to judge one's written "hidden agenda", but see, I don't have one. My only point was that people living overcrowded lives tend to react more erratically, regardless of their creed, color, faith, age, sex, weight, etc. .... Maybe I'm wrong. Anyways, when I write intentionally to provoke, all will know it. mo.

3. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

I don't think I'm trying to read anything into your statement. I'm just trying to understand what you mean.

4. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Denny, translate overcrowding in big citys to what happens when, say you put too many pigs in a pen. Otherwise friendly beasts start biting each other's tails and physicaly roughing up their pen mates for no obvious reason other than infringment of personal space. Wander thru the pen randomly with a shock stick, that incites havoc about like you get when JJ or Sharpton spechifies to the crowds telling them their freeloading lifestyle is in peril of being cut off. Ever thought maybe unruly crowds are a weapon and wondered why they were being built ?

plumcolr and mo.herbfarm like this.
  5. ribald1

The Romans were masters at building masses of people held at the edge of discontent as a weapon to maintain power.
    In the end, though, even they could not prevent it from being turned upon themselves.

6. Denny

Yeah, I understand and agree with overcrowding making people more irritable. The part I'm trying to understand is where MO said "Obviously, the predominant race present gets the blame, be they Black rats, Mexican, Oriental, or whatever." I don't agree with what he appears to be saying at all. I was just asking if maybe I'm misunderstanding what he means.

7. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Denny Quote...
    But what about places where blacks make up 30 percent or less of the general population but 70 percent of the people in jail are black?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Black population in California 6.6% (2013)

Blacks in prison per 100,000 population in Ca. 5,525

Whites in prison per 100,000 population in Ca. 671

8. Denny

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. The percentages around here would be similar.

9. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

So the left would say that is because white police officers arrest and prosecutors seek harsher punishment of blacks because of race and not because of the per capita crimes.

So the right would say that is because the blacks commit more serious crimes and it is caused by the absence of integral family units and poor social practices in the community.

Wonder who is correct?

10. ribald1

The latter is correct.
    Crime rates in CA are directly related to the percentages of blacks or illegal aliens in the population of the area involved.
    Poverty is not the factor as many rural areas are much poorer than the urban areas where the crime rates are much higher.
    Here in CA, the increase in black crime rates has been relatively recent. Most of the huge imbalance in crime rates developed over the last 50 odd years.

11. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Most of the huge imbalance in crime rates developed over the last 50 odd years.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank's to LBJs "War on Poverty" and other liberal programs.

ForistellFord likes this.
  12. ribald1

While that laid the seeds, I witnessed a huge change that coincided with the shift to cash or cash equivalents in welfare payments.
    By reducing the 'stigma' of welfare, it increased the feelings of entitlement.
    A whole economy grew around it, primarily based on drugs and prostitution. I've watched it cycle every month in tandem with the welfare payments. Children raised in that kind of environment are very unlikely to become model citizens.

Hillbilly likes this.
  13. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I would say that some part of those disproportionate statistics are due to a higher percentage of non-whites getting jail time for crimes that whites also commit but seldom get jailed f0r. But I suspect it's a relatively small percentage of the difference.

14. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

There's been some silly things said in this thread but you got me on this one. What crimes are you referring to here? I'd like to know so I can commit them without fear of arrest or conviction. And if we're going to say 'whites and non-whites', can we also say 'blacks and non-blacks'?

15. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

White collar crimes, I guess. Like those perpetrated by the thugs on Wall Street. The criminals who stole my 401K and bled it dry. Again, I'm just guessing.

16. ForistellFord

Gosh, if that's what he meant then that's pretty racist. I'm sure there were plenty of 'non-whites' involved in those sorts of misdeeds.

17. TestDummy

There were. I think 7, at last count.

18. ForistellFord

Well, then that's being seven times wrong.

19. TestDummy

What?!! Seven times wrong? What are you, illiterate?
    ]

20. ForistellFord

No. I can read AND write, most days!