Sold the Ranchero last night

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by brc, Jul 10, 2015.

1. brc

brc In Fourth Gear

After thinking about it for a while, I sold my Ranchero last night.
    Was not going to sell it, but I got my insurance policy for both cars last month, and from the begining of 2014 until the first of June 2015, I drove the Ranchero 248 miles.
    In fact from 2002 until June, I racked up a grand total of 4,879 miles.
    That's less than 5,000 miles in over 13 years.
    But I was fortunate enough that I found a guy who I know will take care of it , as he has a pretty good car collection going already.
    I appreciate every ones tips and help here on the forum, and I will check in once in a while just to see what's going on.
    BRC

azcolin and TestDummy like this.
  2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

You're very fortunate to know someone who would buy your rig. I'm in the same kind of boat (the Chero doesn't get driven much, and is not insured), but in the year and a half I attempted to sell it on C/L, I had one true bite and a parade of out-of-state @$$holes trying to take me for a ride. Oh, and the city's busting my landlord's balls; the lunkhead who did the 'code enforcement' inspection called my rig a Cadillac Eldorado.

3. brc

brc In Fourth Gear

I listed on Craig's list and did get quite a few bites, but actually sold it from an ad on E-Bay
    Course E-Bays fee can get high if you are not careful how you list it, but it did work for me.
    Just be careful on how you use bold lettering , amount of pictures and things like that.
    Good luck with you Ranchero if you do decide to sell.

4. azcolin

azcolin In Maximum Overdrive

Stay in touch DRC, l sold my last ranchero ten years ago and still miss it, but then again, l have 'met' a lot of good people on this site, and the occasional a$$hole too...:)

5. Lowrider

Lowrider In Third Gear

I feel your pain. I have 4 cars & up until a month ago 2 Harley's. You just can't drive them all to justify the insurance. I sold 1 of the Harley's last month & picked up a quad atv. At least I'll get some mileage out of it where I live.

6. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Sorry to hear you sold your chero BRC.I drive the 73 even less.Haggerty makes insurance sting a little less.Stop by when ya can,say hey!

7. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

stop back by BRC.
    man, that was a CLEAN chero.

8. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

Sorry to hear you are now Ranchero-less, possibly planning on getting another in the future?

9. brc

brc In Fourth Gear

Thanks every one
    I have enjoyed the site
    And really appreciate every ones tips and help.
    I "may" get another Ranchero later on.
    It's difficult to say right now.
    With the cancer and then a stroke it really slowed me down.
    It got to the point where I could not walk much more than 10 min at a time, much less work on the Ranchero.
    I am selling off a lot of things not just the Ranchero.
    I had very large guitar collection that I sold off probably 55 or 56 guitars that I could not longer play after playing over 57 years. I did keep about 24 guitars that will be handed down after I am gone.
    But I will check in from time to time just to say hi to every one.
    Adios