1971 Ranchero 500 parts car or restore?

Discussion in 'Rancheros for Sale LINKS' started by dougchero, Mar 3, 2014.

1. dougchero

dougchero In Second Gear

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That thing looks to be worth all of a grand. It'd be a lot of work to fix that front damage, so I'd probably just part it out.

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Replacing the damaged parts of the nose is easy. I'm wondering about if the rest of it is as rusty as where the inner fender peeled away from the frame rail. Frame rail looks pretty bad too. Another one you'd have to look at in person before buying.

4. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Salvagable parts, I agree...

Make an offer is more the going price, from what I see...
    One could recoop most of your money from salvage, maybe make $2??

AC/DC

EDIT;)
    It`s a rainy day in GA, just like the day I joined Ranchero.us

5. TestDummy

It's only easy replacing the inner fenders and sidemembers if you happened to have replacement inner fenders and sidemembers on hand :D And the only way to get those is to remove them from a donor car. Maybe if you could find one that was rear-ended, hard, you could mate the two together.

Of course, like you said, you may look at it and find both rear quarters are full of plastic.

6. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

I said what I did because I do have a 70 Falcon some kid beat the snot out of. It's been a great southern rust free donor. Engine and trans went to a 65 Mustang already, no rust but the quarters have three inches of filler patching the dents. Doors and front clip survived the kid somehow. I got it because the factory air was unmolested and you just can't buy a lot of those parts. Most of the nose is called for by a cousin who got a big deer with his 429-CJ Torino. Didn't hurt the frame rails or inner panels so I still have that complete. If I sell them them my luck would be to plow under another deer myself.

7. Ninja 85

Ninja 85 In Second Gear

Looks to be a GT..Like
    already said if the floors are not rotted out that one is worth saving

8. dougchero

dougchero In Second Gear

The floors are good but both rear quarters have rust through at the back. I was disappointed to find that it is not a GT car. I got excited when I saw the sport mirrors hoping that it was a GT. Loved that it was an A/C car, bummed that it was a drum brake car up front. Tail lights are trashed which was another disappointment. 302 auto car; C-4 most likely? Do these all have 9 inch rears or other when small block or 6 cylinder car?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  9. TestDummy

Probably an 8" rear end.

10. Ninja 85

Ninja 85 In Second Gear

Damm shame..All I see is a few good parts then..but not $1000 worth