427 Side Oiler

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts For Sale' started by Hillbilly, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Hey Dan, we were moving more stuff out of the corners and found a four speed top loader with HEH on the tag. Set the top off and it looks like very low miles or maybe even new. Small input shaft like it was for a small block or a 351 C. Dad figures it was 1967 or newer, probably for a Mustang or Cougar. Any idea what it was for ? He figured it was worth $1300 so that is his asking price.

2. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

HEH was 64 - 67 Mustang, Cougar, Comet 289 and 260 engined cars - gotta be another letter or two, probably smaller stamping. With that or those I can tell you year and model. But you're right, Mustang, Comet or Cougar 1964 - 1967.

Edited to add - Falcons also had those.

He'll probably get it - that is about the right price nowadays for one you don't need to rebuild. A good builder is worth over $1,000 and that is if you know it just needs a blocking ring or two.

Ever done any dealings with the Perogie Brothers up in NJ?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  3. Hillbilly

Try not to. They kinda made it hard for he average Joe to find parts at affordable prices.

4. 72GTVA

If you get a chance look for the additional letters or even the case casting - from that I can tell you what you've got there. Some folks are queer for the "right" numbers as you know...

5. Hillbilly

Will do. Might be a little while as it is 60 miles from my place to his.

6. 72GTVA

Shucks - it's only 14 hours from my place to yours... :D

Take yer time.