'73 in Austin TX

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Brapattack, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Brapattack

Brapattack In Second Gear

IMG_2952.JPG IMG_2918.JPG
    Bought this a few weeks back and have started to figure out all the work I need to do to it. It currently runs and drives but the suspension is horrible and pulls hard to the left. After looking around under the front, it looks like a big rock or stump because the strut rod is bent and part of the frame is dented.

Anyways, I have already put in new window felt/rubber and door locks. Didn't have the door key and the rubber was rotted and I needed to stop more water from getting down into the doors ASAP. I have plenty of other rust spots I need to figure out how to slow down and seal up.

Just got a lot of front suspension bits ordered and that will be the next big step. Gotta figure out why most of the dash lights don't work and get some tunes in there.

Oh, I noticed the kickdown rod was missing and then found it in the trunk. Is there a reason someone would remove this? I know there are guidelines to setting one back up properly (and I don't know the procedure) so I will leave it off for now. Unless you guys say just throw it back on.

the VIN seems to indicate a 400 but I don't know alot about Ford engines. Seems like maybe the 400 just drinks a lot of gas but doesn't produce a lot of power?

ForistellFord likes this.
  2. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

looks like a good starting place! Maybe the carb was changed? and didnt have the correct linkage for the kickdown?> Dash lights usually come down to bad contacts on the flexible circuit board and or the colorized dome covers being completely opaque. The 400 can be into a torquemonster with the right bits and pieces! Welcome

3. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Love the stripe on the bed. Very 70's.

ForistellFord likes this.
  4. tertab28

tertab28 In Fourth Gear

Nice Ride...good start