New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. rossco390

rossco390 In Second Gear

I'm about an hour north of the Montana border in Alberta.

2. ran3465

ran3465 In First Gear

Newbie here! Name is Andy and just acquired a 1978 gt with a 302. Looking foward to learning all I can about these things.

3. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

Newbie here! Name is Andy and just acquired a 1978 gt with a 302.

++++++++++++

Welcome to the board, Ran. I dunno how much luck you're gonna have re patch panels for a '78, but others here will know.

4. Knadler

Knadler In First Gear

:)Hi I am a junior member and I have a 1965 Ranchero with 289 motor that I am slowly trying to restore. Body is in good shape, but what I am looking for now is front and rear bumpers. Front is in pretty good shape so maybe I can rechrome it but back needs to be replaced. Pretty dented up. Any sugestions Thanks in advance Knadler

5. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Welcome aboard gentlemen, nice to see newbies hitting the board. Tell us more and take your shoes off make yourself at home.

6. jwreese

jwreese In Second Gear

I joined as I am a Ford guy for as long as I can remember. I have owned a 1969 Mustang(still do) and a 1965 Falcon. When I was a kid the man next door had a 1965 Ranchero and I really liked the car. I am a member of the MCA and FCA and there is a guy here in Missouri with a Falcon junk yard. I visited looking for an 8" rear end and he had a 1976 460ci, C6 Ranchero he was thinking of selling. So I thought I better learn some stuff. I am really partial to the 1972 Rancheros and Torinos, however. Would love to get one someday.
    Jim

7. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Welcome! You will find a lot of information here, even stuff that relates to the Mustang / Falcon and other Ford body styles.

8. 68 Ranchero

68 Ranchero In First Gear

Me New

Hello! I am the proud owner of a 68 Ranchero. I love my car. :D
    Never owned a hot rod before.
    I didn't understand what the big deal was, ok, so you have a cool car.
    Well, NOW I GET IT. People stare. Fat kids on bikes hoot and holler. Old dudes give me the thumbs up when I drive by. Yes, now I am a super hero.

9. Tim70ranchero

Tim70ranchero In Overdrive

Welcome to the site 68 . I love cruising my 70 I still like getting the waves, looks & people saying nice car!! Its fun having something different.

10. Capn AL 72

Capn AL 72 In First Gear

Hi, my name is Al and I am from Pittsburgh, Pa (actually Seven Fields) and just last week purchased a 72 Ranchero 500 from Las Vegas. I'm looking to get it back here (not exactly sure on how yet). I've got some ideas for it and I'll probably ask here about some of my questions. The car (truck) has a 351 2V and automatic, air, and power windows. Around 68,000 miles, no rust and no evidence of any wrecks. I'll get photos when I get to it in person, but for now a very good friend has it at his house in Vegas. Looking forward to talking and meeting the members here. Wife isn't crazy about it at the moment, but I think with some upgrades to the interior we'll be able to sway her to it. She learned to drive on a 72 Grand Torino Sport, So this car won't be exactly foreign to her. Talk to you soon, Al

11. CJ Guy

CJ Guy In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome Folks, glad to see a few more, a 68 and a 72. Capn AL 72, there was a post on shipping not far back may give ya a direction do a search, kinda partial to 72's and 68... enjoy it!!!:D

12. Ron Underwood

Ron Underwood In First Gear

New Member with question

Hey guys! After restoring a 65 Stang Fastback and 71 Comet GT, I have finally arrived! I am buying 69 Ranchero with a 390 and all the other toys on it. I have a dilemma, though. The VIN has it listed as an 'S' motor. On the Ranchero US site, it does not even list an 'S' motor available in 69. What do you think? It is VIN 9A48S253215. Thanks!

13. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Welcome it is exactly the same as 68 which is indeed a 390.

14. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

15. vltchkr

vltchkr In Second Gear

Finally Bought One

So far by the VIN its a 76 500, I assume the motor is the 351w 2 barrel, but the previous owner put an eldelbroch 4 barrel on it. I have not checked the door tag, but I am sure I will get more info then. What is confusing is the hood badge says explorer on it, and I havent seen any info on this. Maybe someone could enlighten me? Well here are some pics.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

The explorer package was offered in 76 only. The package offered the stripe package you have on the car (explorer only) and hood ornement. Others can chime in on other optons this package had. Very cool ride and welcome aboard!!!

17. burninbush

Hi vltchkr -- welcome to the board, and what a nice '76. A hood ornament on a Ranchero -- who knew?

Like those wheels, too -- my 2nd most favorite design.

A quick web check reveals that the 351m came out in 1975, dunno if it was available in a Ranchero in 1976. You can count the valve cover bolts as an easy check -- 351w cover will have 6 each, 351m will have 8 each.

18. vltchkr

vltchkr In Second Gear

Thanks DTRM, I pulled the codes from the door and the body is all I could find.
    Here are the codes...

Body Color Trim Trans Axle DSO FO157
    ______________________________ RO539
    97D 47DG CGA X 2 52

I tried to line up everything but I guess I am not that computer savvy:confused:

how do I find out how many were produced? In 76 that is

Any help would be great, as I have done a fair share of searching:D

Thanks Again

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  19. vltchkr

vltchkr In Second Gear

So if this is a 1 year run "special edition" but a base model 500, is it worth anything, its complete except the wheels, steering wheel and Edelbroch 4 barrel?

Thanks again, Love this site already

Andrew

20. burninbush

So if this is a 1 year run "special edition" but a base model 500, is it worth anything, its complete except the wheels, steering wheel and Edelbroch 4 barrel? >vltchkr

+++++++++++++++

Sadly, if you are thinking of the car as an investment -- something to make money off of -- you are likely to be disappointed. There aren't enough people who care, or in the case of your car, who would even recognize it as unusual.

You could spend some time perusing the For Sale links section -- get an idea how Rancheros are valued.