Cars and Coffee Greensboro

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by RancheroRandy, Jun 15, 2019.

1. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Maximum Overdrive

Went to the Cars 'n Coffee this AM...temps were down and so were my heep's, affectionally known as "Ruby"... Cars and Coffee 6.15.19.jpg A lot of nice and expensive cars and numerous Windsor motored vehicles with healthy cams...gets me thinkin'...!

TestDummy likes this.
  2. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Glad to hear you got your temperature issue under control.

3. MIKESTANATOR

MIKESTANATOR In Second Gear SILVER MEMBER

I live in Raleigh, I have never made it out to a Cars and Coffee. Will you be bringing your car to Heavy Rebel Weekender in Winston Salem July 6th?

4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

There's a Cars and Coffee here in C'Ville (CC&C), but it's really heavy on the German cars. Porsche, BMW's are very abundant. A few Corvettes, and soon a 460 Ranchero which should make them all wet themselves.

5. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

No outhouse available, sorry I couldn't resist, I'm sure you will have lots of depends to hand out.

6. RancheroRandy

Didn't know anything about it?...I'll ck it out...

7. MIKESTANATOR

MIKESTANATOR In Second Gear SILVER MEMBER

It's a fun time, it will be my 5th year, 3rd year with the RADchero, 3rd year lying saying it was a 1971. There are never any Rancheros, I think there are a handful of people on here who live within 3 hours of Winston Salem NC. Is there a car show thread on here? I havent been able to find it.

https://heavyrebel.net/

20190615_210332.jpg

8. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

That's what the Porsches and BMWs are for!

Joseph

TestDummy likes this.
  9. RancheroRandy

Hhmmm, doesn't look like my "cup o' tea"... I grew up in the 50s and 60s and listened to R&R and (real) R&B and kinda stuck in those genres/performers, those most or should I say only two, are still alive: Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis. I like "rock-a-billy" from that era (which is an amalgamation of several styles...like all the music was) but, music like many things are a matter of taste and opinion and what you have been exposed to. I saw most of the Originals so I'm kinda stuck in that era musically speaking and growing up in the SF Bay Area and going to the Fillmore, Winterland, Avalon Ballroom, and all the other numerous venues and road houses has kinda "wrecked" me....

10. Tim70ranchero

Tim70ranchero In Overdrive

I went a to a few cars and coffee shows up here. They are mostly imports. I took my vw to those shows. I enjoy the those cars as well. I'm open to anything with a engine.

11. colnago

I'm like you, but a decade younger. I grew up on 60s and 70s music. CCR, Clapton, Led Zep, the Beatles, Elton John, Billy Joel. A real mix of anti-war protest songs, pop, rock, some country, and a smattering of (shudder) disco at the end. I can't stand anything they play for music these days. Bob Seger said it best: "Still like that old-time rock and roll!"

Joseph

12. RancheroRandy

Well CCR (locals to me...Golliwogs was their first name) Cream/Clapton and LZ (essentially British Blues...at first) are certainly on my list of Fav's...here's a story about LZ: in the late 60s so many of the groups had some pretty dumb names like Strawberry Alarm Clock, Chocolate Watchband, etc., etc. and me and my buddies were at Winterland I think (though it could have been the Cow Palace) and one of the warm-up bands had the name Led Zeppelin, which we all thought was kinda dumb and a lot of the warm-up bands weren't so hot, so we stayed in my cousin's van (yes toking up) until the headliner (whoever that was???) was to come on...later when LZ's first album came out I was a little stunned (or is it dazed and confused? ;))...oh well, that's life!

colnago likes this.
  13. colnago

Reminds me of an old Joe Walsh song:

"Life's been good to me so far."

Joseph

14. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

The car shows here at VB are kind of genre specific with the exception of Car's and Coffee which displays just about anything with 2,3,4 or 6 wheels and a motor attached. On the music side they will go from the Beach Boys or Jan and Dean to I have no clue. I used to be a pretty big music guy until 1991 when I went deaf for 3 days thanks to a 25mm chain gun fired directly over my head. So basically everything after "Enter Sandman" I couldn't understand. All the 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's stuff I know the songs and I play them in my head so they still sound right to me (Live versions screw with my head). I had to shift to "New Country" for a long time because I could actually hear the words, now that Poison, Ratt and Twisted Sister are considered "Classic Rock" I have several radio stations to choose from :cool:

Cheers,

Doc