Rancheros in the junkyard

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by handy_andy_cv64, Jan 2, 2021.

1. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I'll give you a call later today, I may still have that extra set of front bumper fillers. As for trim, I'll have to look, but we didn't go this morning...their computer was down. But I'm planning on Wednesday, if they have it open then, otherwise it'll be next Saturday.

2. handy_andy_cv64

Soooooo...Texas has been closed down, and most of the rest of the nation is frozen up. Y'all stay warm, and don't go out unless you absolutely have to. Having said that, we down here in South Texas should be *A LOT* warmer by the weekend, if you're needing Ranchero or other classic car parts, including whatever imports they have. Go to www.picknpullsa.com, and click on 'classic inventory if you're looking for something. I'll be going, in the hopes of getting a fan shroud to fit the brass radiator I secured for Babe. The one from the '90 Town car does not fit older brass radiators, although it might be retrofit table.

3. Ran Man

Ran Man In Fourth Gear

Does anyone have a wiper motor for a 72?

4. handy_andy_cv64

There are a handful of Rancheros and other intermediates '72-'79; if you'd like, I can look tomorrow or Sunday when I'm there. I'm sure one can be found. I'll also call after 8:30 this morning, find out how much it will be.

5. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

www.picknpullsa.com $1 entry fee
    It's $3 bucks in CA
    and if you want to get into the primo yard for early and late model cars it's another $2 bucks :mad:
    They only have ONE ROW of early cars maybe 8 cars total and 90% junk (rambler, pinto, vega,)

6. Dave_in_Az

Dave_in_Az In Second Gear

Are there any good yards in southern arizona?
    Desert is up in north phoenix, a bit of a drive.
    thanks
    dave

7. handy_andy_cv64

Guys, I'm heading to Pick n Nose's collector yard, for parts for the Barge and the Bear. If y'all are looking for anything, let me know, and if what you're looking for's there, we can make arrangements for me to pull it/them tomorrow. Just hop on www.picknpullsa.com, select 'classic inventory' to see if they have a car that *might* have what you're looking for. Then PM me with your request if there's one or more vehicles that match your request.

8. Dave_in_Az

Dave_in_Az In Second Gear

I looked a the site, no parts for a 72....
    I need a front end part that leads the front right fender

9. handy_andy_cv64

Yeah, the oldest is a '73 or '76, can't remember which.

10. handy_andy_cv64

SouthCarolinaRanchero: have you found a rear bumper locally? There's still bumpers here, as of the last time I was there. If you did find one locally, that's great, but if not.....

11. handy_andy_cv64

So I'm at the classic yard this morning, if anyone is looking for something, speak now so I can look to see if your desired part is here.

12. SouthCarolinaRanchero

SouthCarolinaRanchero In Third Gear

Decided I'm gonna leave the rear alone, still deciding if I want to replace the front bumper.......I'm told it's 73 specific?

13. handy_andy_cv64

Yes, '73 is specific. I think the classic yard does not have a '73 Ranchero, but it may have a '73 Torino. I'd have to check the website to verify.

14. SouthCarolinaRanchero

SouthCarolinaRanchero In Third Gear

No rush Andy...thanks.

15. handy_andy_cv64

If anyone's in need of anything, speak up, because I'm here for the next three hours. Email me at silvertwinkiehobo@gmail.com with your requests.

16. handy_andy_cv64

OK, so I pulled what I needed/wanted with an hour and 20 minutes left, but I have to leave and run back home. I'll post up what I have to sell, from my little escapade today, this afternoon. Pull out your wallets, '77-'79 Chero owners, I think at least a few of you will need these....

17. Spritely

Spritely In Second Gear

Just a heads-up that there's a 77 GT in the Sturtevant (Wisconsin) Auto junkyard. Heavily picked since this picture was taken but some bits left. Engine, badging, grill, turn signal lights, gauge cluster, radio are all gone now. Good glass, taillights, crack-free dash pad, stainless wheel well trim, decent bumpers, rear-end.
    Link to search inventory: http://inventory.sturtevantauto.com/[​IMG]