I think we're in serious trouble after tomorrow

Discussion in 'This Whacky World' started by Jiiiiimmmmmm, Nov 3, 2008.

1. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

BB, your ignorance knows no bounds, does it?

Tell me something.......I'm part of the NRA/right-wing christian base, yet I feel far from bankrupt. >78

+++++++++++++

You must have missed my point -- which was, Obama doesn't owe you anything special because of your NRA and church associations. The NRA and Dobson will have no strings into the Obama administration.

Unlike the case for the last few administrations, he got elected by a healthy margin without your support. He has a new base, who as you will learn, cares little about your special needs. Things have changed. Finally.

I'll bet Obama has never fired a gun -- what do you think? And I'll bet he would use a frozen embryo for science rather than just flush it. When he picks a judge, I'll bet he chooses one who can see a full range of colors. The world just got a lot brighter.

2. rwitt

rwitt In Maximum Overdrive

*Can you say Moveon.org?

*I never realized all of our laws were written on colored paper with crayons.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2008
  3. Yeah, Florida's a blue state. But not this county, nor the Panhandle. This part, the gun totin' bible thumping part, remains as Red as the blood shed to build this country over 200 years ago.

There have been pushed to from Florida east of Tallahassee wanting to separate separate the Northwest part from their blue Florida. Split the state, into "Florida" and "West Florida" or, "Lower Alabama". Then we'd be referred to as LA, but that'd upset some.

4. "He made no obeisance to the NRA, or any preachers or bible colleges, no promises about abortion or stem cell research or gay marriage"

Uhh..I don't think he made any promises at all. Except some ambiguous refences to "change". Veiled references to getting troops out of Iraq, but I don't recall "I promise I will get troops out of Iraq by X date".

5. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

That's the point Sax, veiled references instead of solid promises. Gonna be a lot of dissapointed fools pretty soon when they realise he ain't filling their tank or paying their mortgage or any of the other garbage they think they heard him promise. I hope not, but I think we just took in a trojan horse.

6. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

For some of you who do believe in GOD and this great country and what it was founded on.... GOD BLESS YOU ALL.... and this next statement you will totally understand.... thank GOD I'm not his follower but rather GOD's

... "we are like but sheep.... being guided to a slaughter"....

I'd rather die knowing my beliefs were true than to be one of the blind.

7. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Anyone who thinks we are being led to a slaughter, well that's a bit out there. The guy who was the most different from GWB got elected. He has some radical beliefs, and some totally outrageous ideas, but the government is like a mouse wheel turning in syrup. Tough to make radical changes, even slowly. Heck he's already gone back on his word about all his absurd promises. We're getting a neutered version of this moonbat and it's not the end of the world. Obviously the wrong guy got elected, but unlike most of the red folks on here I am not going to cry Chicken Little and pretend that the country is going to burn to the ground in 4 years. Conservative values will win again after the buzz wears off and the country realizes what it did.

There's hope; CA did pass a ban on gay marriage.

8. sarah

obviously you don't understand simile's John

I'm just pointing out when people are hurting and financially in trouble... as many are.... You can have a person who will make promises... appear to be the answer to all your problems and you will follow them, Some folks are in such a desperate place in their lives that they are willing to grab at straws to hang on to a dream. Reality is harsh some times and Obama has great ideas, some grand but the reality is.... it won't happen, he is just giving people a great mirage. This country is so thirsty that they believe there is a big lake right down that path.... and there is a fresh stream feeding into it. I don't buy it... don't see it.... and its going to take alot more than a bunch of right wing liberalists to change my mind. Proof is in the pudding (my grandmothers phrase) until this CHANGE he speaks of happens... I'm only going to see a couple tarnished pennies in my jar.

9. ForistellFord

Where's da smile? I missed it!

10. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

I think she was saying you do not understand what she was saying and then similes to you.....:confused:

11. ForistellFord

[​IMG]

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

12. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Then why you asking where's the smile???????

13. ForistellFord

Sigh, never mind. You still missed it.

14. TopNotch

TopNotch In Second Gear

Gotta love this ....... CHANGE CHICAGO STYLE

Body count: In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago, 221 killed in Iraq.

Senators: Barack Obama & Dick Durbin

Representatives: Jesse Jackson Jr.

Governor: Rod Blogojevich

House leader: Mike Madigan

Atty. Gen.: Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike)

Mayor: Richard M. Daley (son of former Mayor Richard J. Daley)

The (above) leadership in Illinois . . . all Democrats.

Chicago is a combat zone. Of course they're all blaming each other. Can't blame Republicans, they're aren't any!
    1. State pension fund $44 Billion in debt, worst in country.
    2. Cook County (Chicago) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. (Look'em up if you want).
    3. Chicago school system one of the worst in country.

This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois. And.... he's gonna 'fix' Washington politics?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Blue Thunder Jet

Blue Thunder Jet In Overdrive

I am amazed how much like sheep people can be when promised things
    my good friend of many years told me that he is so happy that obamntion got elected
    "oh I am going to get so much money"

poor guy

16. sarah

I said SIMILE..... not smile you idjut..... criminy...

Bluethunder.... he got it... hit the nail right on the head he did.... look up SIMILE IN THE DICTIONARY.... John I think you've been hangin around that pink thing bangin' the drum just a bit too long :D

17. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Wow! That statement you made is amazing because many feel that is how religions were formed. Thank you, Sarah, for this profound metaphor. Truly a wondrous time we live in.

18. 2 seater

2 seater Guest

A few hundred people stood in line for several hours...tempers flared...the crowd was angry..."I want my money today! It's my money. I want it right now!"...eventually they would get a check in the mail... "It should have been $480. It's $230"..."it was supposed to be at least $120. All I get is $90"..."I worked nine hours a day for 4 days and got paid half"

"They say that they gonna call you or they going to mail it to you, but I don't know. We'll see what happens"..."Talking about they'll mail it to us. I ain't worried about that, man. They're not going to mail nothin"

19. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sarah
    ... You can have a person who will make promises... appear to be the answer to all your problems and you will follow them, Some folks are in such a desperate place in their lives that they are willing to grab at straws to hang on to a dream........

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Quote sean...
    Wow! That statement you made is amazing because many feel that is how religions were formed. Thank you, Sarah, for this profound metaphor. Truly a wondrous time we live in.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Quote....Rancherorob
    Well I guess it all depends on how you interpret Saras words.

To me it look's like Sarah is telling some folks in a kind gentle way that they just got scammed by a smooth talking street hustler from Chicago.

Did I get that right Sarah?

20. sarah

Thank YOU Rancherorob..... I do believe you understand. Sean, everyone gets it that you are not a believer of Christian faith. Fine that is your choice, thats what makes this country great. Freedom of Speech and religion. I am happy with the choices I have made in my lifetime. On many occasions I've also been rewarded. I sleep very good at night.