A little info on '08 superduty's

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by rwitt, Feb 18, 2008.

1. rwitt

rwitt In Maximum Overdrive

Here is just a bit of info for those who are thinking of getting a 08 superduty.
    My F250 (19k) will be going into the shop to have the radiator replaced, for the second time. It seems that the dealership that I go to, has replaced radiators for 5 different trucks and 3 of those 5 have come back to have the 2nd rad. replaced. Sounds like a recall.:(

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2008
  2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Recalls

Ray-Bone, I searched the NHSTA database and found one complaint about radiators on F250 SD's. Does it look familier? I'll start a thread with how to search for recalls and stuff. You can also leave complaints. If they get enough of the same problem, they may initiate a recall.
    We bought a new Avenger to crash and I found it had 3 (that is THREE) safety recalls. Now that's quality.......

------------------------------------------------
    Make: FORD
    Model: F-250 SD

Year: 2008
    Complaint Number: 10208684
    Summary:
    DRIVING NEW 6.4 L F-250 TOWING A 5TH WHEEL FROM OHIO TO ARIZONA. RADIATOR CRACKED WITHOUT WARNING DURING USE AND SPRAYED RADIATOR FLUID ALL OVER THE WINDSHIELD, OBSTRUCTING VIEW. STRANDED US IN MIDDLE OF THE DESERT FOR OVER 2HRS. *TR

3. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

I hope you're not refilling those radiators with water. That's a no-no in your parts these days.

4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

If it helps, I'd be willing to contact some of my family members in Michigan. They have lots of water and I'm sure they would love to send a few jugs that-a-way. And by jugs, I mean water.

5. rwitt

That ain't what mine is did. Mine is just leaking from the bottom left corner. Same place as the original. Same place on the other trucks too.

6. DonC

DonC In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I have heard alot of folks complaining about the radiators on those trucks, must not be as bad as it sounds though?

7. rwitt

34,300 miles and back into the shop to replace the radiator again. This will be the 4th one in this frickin' truck. :mad:

8. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Have you talked to the Ford Rep for your area???

9. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Sounds like it time for a custom built aluminum job........

10. 72GTVA

I wouldn't do that until Ford's warranties run out plus covered repairs of the replacement radiators run out... but I would also have the Ford Rep for that area in an undivided attention chat mode.

11. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

True but is it worth the hassel of taking it in every 10k for a new radiator........and the frustration of not being able to trust the truck!

12. 72GTVA

Were it me I'd make it a point to get every warranty repair I could and for the repeated issues I'd be pushing them to extend coverage. The only way they will improve is if the consumer holds them accountable...

13. rwitt

Yea Dan, that's on my list. Our 99 was in this weekend for ac work plus brakes. The ac was working great when we picked it up yesterday morning, but by the afternoon it was blowing out the defrost again. I'm heading up to Ford this morning to get that straightened out. Nothing but a bunch of sh*t of the bull!