Daily Headline

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TestDummy, Jul 26, 2017.

1. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Who? Your mom?

2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

*ba domp boom chish*

TestDummy likes this.
  3. TestDummy

4. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

TestDummy likes this.
  5. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Very real Sean. And still disturbing to the max. Personally had to remove one Aunt from such a situation out in Colorado and thankfull for the help of a brave cousin and the Aunt's sister. Two decades later her sister pulled the same crap in a house here on my farm. The sister had presented herself as fully capable but it was a front she had honed perfectly. Driving herself to church and to get grocerys even at 100 years old. She kept one room immaculate so visitors never realized how bad her hoarding had become. Got tipped off by the electric company that she was behind a few months so I went to see what she was doing, found tons of other bills not paid and did a walk thru that day. Unbelievable ! Rooms packed to the ceiling with useless trinkets mixed in with garbage she hadn't thrown out. No rats thankfully, but empty food containers everywhere. Damndable plants everywhere she had confiscated at funerals of her friends. Money stashed in anywhere it would fit so you had to look thru everything before it was thrown out. Dimentia is an ugly thing Sean, hope you never have to deal with it.

TestDummy likes this.
  6. TestDummy

My brother-in-law is sort of a hoarding recluse, yet my sister won't leave him. He's threaten to off himself if she does. He has a daughter who is embarrassed by him. My parents have basically raised her. He doesn't leave the house. He is, supposedly, a Navy SEAL, which, with the help of our awesome moderator has been disproved. All I have to do is send an email and real SEAL's would pay him a visit, asking him to cease and desist. I'm waiting until my niece starts college. Plus, I want to be there.

7. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

I understand your dislike of that "Stolen Valor" ruse he's pulling. Would like to be there too when he is confronted. Really hope he doesn't leave your sister holding the bag like my Aunt did me when he can't take care of his affairs. Depends on how many dumb things he does, he could leave her bankrupt if she is named his power of attourney. Once the mess my Aunt made of her finances was sorted, I ended up paying a bit over a quarter of a million bucks to clear up my responsibilitys due to being named as power of attourney. And I hadn't done anything incorrectly. Yeah, it sucked. If you care about sis and your niece, research how to insulate them from his financial follys before it is too late. I weathered my losses but she might not have the resources to fall back on. Probably should have PM'd this but a lot of us here are getting old enough to have similar crap blind side us. Beware !

8. TestDummy

Dude, they pretty much live at my parents, who has been supporting them financially for decades (my inheritance). It needs to be done. His leeching days are numbered.

9. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

ForistellFord likes this.
  10. ForistellFord

TestDummy likes this.
  11. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

I had forgotten that she was a "florida woman". Speaking of which, this story reminds me of a flight I was on coming home from Orlando....the woman next to us let the nastiest fart ever....maybe that's a thing with florida women.

12. 72GTVA

You missed the part about the "Florida" woman... (I hadn't noticed it posted earlier...) :p

13. ForistellFord

Florida part sounds right, but I'm still not fully convinced about the woman part.

TestDummy likes this.
  14. 72GTVA

It ain't just Florida Man or Woman... include Florida home, etc.

Toilet explodes in Florida home after lightning strikes septic tank

https://www.foxnews.com/us/toilet-explodes-in-florida-home-after-lightning-strikes-septic-tank

"Besides her toilet being destroyed, Ward said her septic tank and indoor plumbing were also wrecked. The blast also broke a window in the couple's master bedroom and destroyed yard decorations..."

The real travesty was the destroyed yard decorations - them thar Pink Flamingos are getting tough to find...

15. 72GTVA

16. TestDummy

Part of me would like to see your Google search history. The other part, much larger, says, ah nope!

17. 72GTVA

Ripped from the headlines right there on the news feed... and I don't have a search history - ever -

18. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Her Boyfriend lost it there while searching for his car keys and 9mm. :D

19. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

20. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member