New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Welcome Bob!

EvilScientistMoose likes this.
  2. Hamilton

Hamilton In First Gear

Hi all, I'm Kelly (male version:D). Got a 73 500 last week from one of the other members of the group. Looking forward to interacting and learning about this icon. I already have been inquiring about re-seating the "Blue Max" and the members have been very helpful. I'm in the Savannah, GA area.

Buds 67 and EvilScientistMoose like this.
  3. Buds 67

Buds 67 In Fourth Gear

Hello Kelly from a fellow Georgian!

4. cbolt

cbolt In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Hi Kelly. We try to visit Savannah a few times a year. Great town and only a few hours up the road. Welcome to the group!

5. Bob Lain

Bob Lain In First Gear

My name is Bob I’m from Redding Ca just purchased a 1964 Ranchero .260v8 with automatic trans.

6. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Welcome to the forum! Pics are always welcome, and are 1MB max size.

7. Saff54

Saff54 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Welcome bob,great forum,how’s the condition of your chero?looks to be in good shape from your avatar

8. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Maximum Overdrive

nice color! :)

9. Bob Lain

Bob Lain In First Gear

It's in good shape not sure how long ago it was painted .It runs good going to due a tune up and upgrade the brakes and suspension It's got some wore out parts on the the front end but over all good car.

10. 73ranchero?

73ranchero? In First Gear

Hi, I'm Calvin and I recently purchased a 73 GT Auto w/ 351c 2V. Last owner did a number on the paint, but overall it's in decent shape. It's been sitting for a couple of years though so I'm trying to get it running good again. Replaced fuel pump and filter but carb is leaking. Had some trouble tracking down the correct carb but I'm hoping the one coming in today is correct. Parts shop called for an autoline 2100 but it didn't have an electric choke like the motorcraft that is currently on it. Parts shop said there wasn't an electric choke in 73 though. The wiring for the current carb looks factory though. I did some research and it seems 73 is when Ford went from the autoline 2100 to the Motorcraft 2150. I know there are aftermarket options if I want to upgrade but since the rest of the motor appears to be stock, I wanted to keep it original for now. The previous owner included a cast iron 4V intake as well so maybe I will swap at some point in the future if I keep the vehicle. Honestly I bought the car just because It seemed like a good deal and my original plan was to get it running and drive it this summer and sell it this fall. I have to admit that it is growing on me though! I joined this forum to try to figure out the carb situation but I think it may be solved. If anyone has any insight into what carb is supposed to be on it I am all ears though. I'm new to Rancheros and cars of this era in general. I have an appreciation for them though and this is the oldest vehicle I have owned. I have learned alot about Rancheros in the past week but I am not an expert by any means. I appreciate forums like this and look forward to learning much more. Thanks

11. handy_andy_cv64

Look for a white wire with black stripe on the passenger side of the intake, and a 'choke stove's in the passenger side, center, of the intake. If those are there, the carb had an electric choke. Otherwise, one of the heater hoses was routed past the choke thermostat to heat it up. As for the 4V intake, IIRC, the intake runner design doesn't match the 2V head runner design, which would cause all sorts of runability problems.

12. 73ranchero?

73ranchero? In First Gear

Thanks Andy, I did verify that it is an electric choke. The carb I got today worked nicely! I ended up using a carb that was listed for a 75 with an electric choke. The only difference between the one I removed and the new one was a silver canister behind the choke module that had linkage to the choke and a hose that ran back to the carb. I am assuming that is some sort of vacuum assist or something. I am quite pleased with the way it sounds! It has dual exhaust which I don't think is the way it came from factory but I'm not sure on that. The Odometer says 5000 so I am guessing by the way it sounds It's got 105,000 and not 205,000. Either way it's growing on me!

13. handy_andy_cv64

That silver canister is a choke pull-off. It physically assists the choke butterfly's opening under engine vacuum. There is an adjustment spec for it; I'll have to see what my Motor manual says.

14. DIRTYDAVE209

DIRTYDAVE209 In First Gear

Hi I'm Dave I just got a 74 ranchero it has a 400m motor in it and I would like to put a 351 Windsor in it would I be able to swap it? Please if anybody has any information help me out thanks

15. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome to the forum Kelly, Bob, Calvin, and Dave.

post the pics... less then 1 MB ;):rolleyes:

16. handy_andy_cv64

Dirty Dave, all you need is the engine, a transmission that bolts up to it, and 351W motor mounts, plus all the other items to hook the Windsor to your car. I replaced the seized 351M in my '79 with a 351W, and also replaced the 'boat anchor' FMX with a C4, since the Windsor and the FMX have different bellhousing patterns. Then, I used motor mounts, oil pump and sump from a late '70s T-bird and front sump oil pan to drop it in the car. Since the engine came from a '79 Marquis sedan, I had to modify the timing cover to accept the dipstick tube, and bought an aftermarket tube and dipstick. I used the Panther accessory drive brackets, which allowed me to convert to a multi-rib belt, and I installed '85 302 crankshaft and water pump pullies. There are threads on here that I posted pics of the engine front; you'll need to use the search function to look for them.

17. EAGLE

EAGLE In First Gear

Hey all. Registered a while back but im now tearing in to my project. Looking forward to the posts and fun here. Will update my profile with pics of the ride. 68 Ranchero 302 auto w disc brakes

18. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Welcome to the site Dave and Eagle!

19. jazzbum

jazzbum In First Gear

Hey folks,

My name’s Matt, I’m from SoCal, and I’m finally getting around to fixing up my DD 1965 Deluxe 289/C4. Been lurking on the site for a while, thought it was finally time to get official.

20. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

GettyImages-108006184-e1587156968200-scaled.jpg Matt! (see what I did there?)

I also have a daily driver '65. I'd like to see pix of your ride and what you've done/are doing to it.