New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. soundframe

soundframe In First Gear

Hey Guys! I finally bought my uncle's 1958 Ranchero. It's all-original but needs some love. It drives, but I wouldn't go too far with it. Definitely needs paint and upholstery, and there's a big rusted out hole on the floor behind the passenger seat. It has the three-on-the-tree with working borg-warner overdrive. Most notably, it has the original 332 interceptor engine in it. I rebuilt the carb and had it professionally tuned, so it runs like a top. I live in Ventura, Ca and work a lot. I'm looking for the right guy to help me bring this thing back to glory. Any referrals (paint, upholstery, rust/floor pan replacement) ?

ou8jaime and HuevosRanchero like this.
  2. Cindy

Cindy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Hi, Im Cindy and I'm restoring a 69. So far so good, I got a GREAT deal and feel like I stole the thing for 2K. So far, Ive worked on the gas tank, gotten a new carb and switched out the points. Next leg will be the column, I am replacing the shift collar and installing my cool new steering wheel (yay!). Found a good clock online so ill be getting into the dash at some point. Trying to find a tonneau cover but sheesh thats been a challenge. I also would like to find a good rubber bed mat. any ideas? Thanks, Cin

3. Steve 74gtQ

Steve 74gtQ In Overdrive

Bed mats are a bad idea they trap water under them and rot happens. A good spray in liner will cost more but will protect better.

ranchero7 and HuevosRanchero like this.
  4. Cindy

I guess I can see how that would be true. Spray-in liner, hmm....is that the stuff that makes it look like ya covered it with Flex-Seal?

5. Steve 74gtQ

Steve 74gtQ In Overdrive

Kinda like that but it's as tough as nails tho and water that's sitting in the back won't stand a chance of getting to the metal and rust out your bed.
    They can make it any color you want also.

Cindy likes this.
  6. Cindy

...okay I like that you can pick your color. Yeah, when I first got my car I wondered about that after it rained. :-/ Okay, Ill start pricing out spray-in liners, lol...

7. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

This is an example of what one member had his bedliner sprayed in a color that was a close match to the exterior paint color (the pictures also show his option for moving his fuel fill location to resolve the *burp* staining issue):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PO of one of mine had the rubber mat in the bed - I'm now dealing with the aforementioned disaster that was caused by the water standing under the mat, and it ain't pretty...

Cindy likes this.
  8. Cindy

Thanks for the info and the pictures. Yeah I can se why the spray-in would work better. I wonder what the texture is like; is it rubbery or tough/acrylic-feeling?

9. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

I believe Boss 351 had Rhinoliner do his and it has a rubbery texture. I've seen some pickup trucks that have the Line-X and that has the non-skid/sand papery feel, and I have the factory spray in bedliner in my pickup which is very close in appearance and feel with the Line-X. I'm leaning to the Rhinoliner for my Ranchero when I get it to that point.

10. ranchero888

ranchero888 In First Gear

11. ranchero888

I recently purchased s Ranchero Gt 1979 with 31,000 original miles...i live in Hawaii and and I am happy to find this web site! Aloha, Ranchero 888

How do I post pictures of my Ranchero GT 1979?

12. Cindy

Just click on the tiny word "reply" in the lower right corner of someones post, or click on "start a thread", and then click on "upload a file" and choose a pic to include. Least, thats what Ive taught myself so far! -Cindy

13. Rolsdad

Rolsdad In Second Gear

Got a new project on the trailer in the profile pic, a 1965 Ford Ranchero Deluxe with v8 289. Real straight with some rust issues. Haven't wrenched on a car in 30 years but the kid is off to college so it is time to re-find some hobbies that I enjoy. It's been in two families its whole life, the original owner's family and then my Dad bought it. He gave it to me back in August citing no time to work on it any longer.

Have already solved some issues searching threads on this site. Thanks for the help. Got it running again pretty quick by replacing the fuel pump. Working on idle issues now. Removed the carb today and think I found the issue....a rotted vacuum plug on the PCV vacuum port at the back of the Holley 4412 2bbl carb. I'll know soon.

14. Steve 74gtQ

Steve 74gtQ In Overdrive

Good luck on you treasure

15. Rolsdad

Rolsdad In Second Gear

Thanks. The goal is to restore it back to original and surprise Dad and pass it back to him. Time and funds are limited. Hoping 3 years to finish. I'll be coming here often for help.

16. Cindy

Good luck on your restore!

17. T16592

T16592 In Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

:D:D
    What a great gesture on your part :D I am sure he would be very surprised ! Keep us posted and send pictures .

18. ranchero888

Could I send someone some pictures of my 79 Ranchero Gt I cannot post pictures of my Ranchero I would like to share Pictures with this awesome Ranchero web site? I would l like to share pictures of my Ranchero GT! Thanks if anyone would like to help me. Aloha, Ranchero888

19. Mike

Mike In Overdrive

If you are still having an issue posting an image, I would suggest using a free image hosting site, like Photobucket. Upload the image file there and then copy the direct link into the clipboard. Next, come back here and above the editor compose window, click the "Image" button in the editor toolbar. When the "Image URL" popup appears, paste the URL into the blank field and then click "Insert". Be sure to give the image a blank line above and below any text to provide proper spacing. Alternatively, follow the link in my signature to upload files here. Note, if you upload files here there are size limitations, none when you use an image hosting site. If you have any issues, send me a private conversation by clicking my Avatar and then click the "Start a Conversation" link and we'll work it out.

20. Louis Pascuzzi

Louis Pascuzzi In First Gear

Just want to say hi. I've been a car guy for many years but this is my first Ranchero. It's a 1965, 200ci with a three on the tree. 36,000 miles. Looking forward to spending too much time on this forum.

ranchero fullside.jpg