Ranchero @ Barrett-Jackson Price Game

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TestDummy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Sent it to you.. I forgot I had turned it off last year 2011 actually oopsy

2. sarah

I was wondering why I hadn't recieved any hahahaa

3. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

Really seems like people are spending Dollars as if they were worthless at this auction. Prices way too high. ....... at least for me.

4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

5. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

If you drove something like that, we could almost forgive you for not having a Ranchero.
    FF has that $175.00 he wants to buy a Ranchero with, helping to get you into something like that would be a far better use of the money.

6. TestDummy

Well then, maybe I should get one, because having you guys forgive me is worth every penny :rolleyes:

7. ribald1

Naw.
    Sit on your front porch with a Coors, bend the ear of some kid with nothing better to do.
    No way you could beat that.
    Glory days.

8. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Wrong part of the country for Coors. You could do a lot worse than a W-30, I'd forgive ya though, heck - - I got an Olds, Caddy, Chevy, and a Buick along with the Fords. Hold out for a nice one.

Attached Files:

9. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

Offcause it's hard for him to se me win, as I am from far far away:rolleyes: That one was a lucky guess:D:cool: I think it must be exstra hard to see two 72 owners be closest to set a value on a 71 !!!!
    But as we "all" have Chero's (not dad's car) just be happy that they are worth some money:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
  10. BillyC

BillyC In Fourth Gear

Hillbillys slick 57 Olds is nicer than the 3 cloned Chevys a guy I work with pieced together we have seen go through BJ auction as numbers matching cars

11. Hillbilly

Billy C. - - Please don't name that guy ! There's talk of a major dustup going around in the Chevelle crowd who I know and them boys really have a case of the ass over being duped. Lawyers might be in his near future and I know neither you or I have time to waste because of what someone else did. Best to sit on what you know for now and not get in on stupid subopenas and crap. I don't like what went down any more than you but let's stay out of the way, our dogs ain't in that hunt. Thanks for liking my Olds there Bro, it took a long time to find one that nice.

12. TestDummy

Maybe a PM to Billy C would have been better here, you know, considering the potential lawsuits and all. I will say that I have no idea what's going on, and I'll swear to that on a stack of bibles and yellow pages.

13. ribald1

I knew it!
    You are doing Chevys!:eek:
    Well, at least I hope you are happier now that you are out of the closet.

14. TestDummy

I would, if it were a 1970 Z28 or a 1967 Impala SS427 (4-speed, both).

15. Bryan59EC

Bryan59EC In Overdrive

Yep--Those Chevelle guys are all over those "Numbers Matching" cars.

But--ya gotta give 'em some credit-----more than one person trying to pass off a Malibu for an SS has been locked up.

16. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

Not defending anyone who would try to pass off a clone as the real thing, but I really have little sympathy for someone who get's duped. It's not like the information needed to verify the authenticity isn't easily available these days.

A friend and local car club member got taken in on a big-block 71 Chevelle SS clone about 4 years ago. I hate it for him, but he really has no one to blame but himself. The guy who sold it to him is also local and he didn't actually tell him that it was a real big-block SS. My friend just assumed that it was the real deal. If it's that important to you, you shouldn't assume anything. It's a nice car anyway and has won several shows, but it's probably not worth what he paid for it.

17. Hillbilly

I meant what I said more as a general warning. If you are around a lot of car people the problem guys are generaly known about and easy enough to avoid.
    I kinda' agree with Denny, it isn't very smart to pay big money for a car if you don't know how to verify what it is. That said, it ain't rocket science as the info is easy to find on the net nowdays. That info goes a long way toward weeding out the clones if you just gotta' have a numbers matching car. Dad's into that where I prefer a car with whatever options I want on it, a well done clone suits me fine. I know how to identify a clone and offer money based on that fact. It's a two edge sword, the clones let me afford more nice cars for the same money as one numbers matched car but I can never sell one of mine for the price of one real car. Having a bit of integrity doesn't hurt, I don't lie if my car is a clone. You have to earn respect, it's a scarce commodity at most of the auctions nowdays. Buyer beware.

18. sarah

I personally would take a 442, early 70s Buick, something different. Chevelles here come a dime a dozen... I Like different, prefer something the neighbors don't have. I was digging those old Packards.:rolleyes:

19. Hillbilly

Yup, I'd go for a Packard or a Chrysler touring car from the thirtys if it had modern underpinnings, a/c, etc. Likes them Al Capone cars, I do.

20. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Excuse me, but please see post #45 in this thread to ascertain the winner of this inane auction contest thing.