can anyone recommend a car transporter?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Questions' started by Unclebrad, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Unclebrad

Unclebrad In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

Looking at a car in Austin, TX. Would need to ship it to concord, CA.

Thanks!

B

handy_andy_cv64 likes this.
  2. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Fly and drive. Might be cheaper and more fun.

3. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Hey, I live down I-35 in San Antonio; if there is anything I can do to assist you, pm me, or email me at silvertwinkiehobo@gmail.com.

Lincolnut and Unclebrad like this.
  4. Unclebrad

Unclebrad In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

Yeah, I like the idea too, but don't know the car well enough to really trust it on a long haul.
    (When I bought my 55 Chevy truck, the radiator blew out on the way home. A little too much adventure if you ask me.)
    Might end up doing that though. Transporters that I have been in touch with are all booked for a couple months out.

5. Lincolnut

Lincolnut In Third Gear

Give Claire at 615-946-9103 a call she is in the brockerage buissness & she did a great job on my truck from Iowa to New Mexico. You can even tell her I told you to call...Mine would not run and had to be winched so it was a bit diffrent...

6. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

In that two months (even Gartho Solutions is backed up), I can get that Ranchero into shape for driving home. Let me know what you think.

RancheroRandy likes this.
  7. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

I used Kevin Dudley closed vehicle transport moving my '75 GT from Alabama to Colorado (888-827-6799). Perhaps not the cheapest but was fine.

8. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Maximum Overdrive

This was many moons ago but I was very satisfied with their service: Paragon Transport

Attached Files:

9. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

Or fly out and rent a truck and vehicle transporter from Penske or U-Haul for the return.

10. Garbageman

Garbageman In Overdrive

I just used Reliable Carriers Inc, to ship from CA to WA. Not the cheapest, but they own their own trucks and drivers. Not a broker. I wanted someone I could go back on if something happened. I had an enclosed trailer. They were very good, their driver team great and very personable. I would use them again.

https://www.reliablecarriers.com/fleet

11. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Yup, Reliable is probably one of, if not the best, just kinda pricey. Depends on what you're shipping to justify the cost.